Charities and Tax Exempt Organizations are experiencing dramatic change resulting from economic, regulatory and technological issues. Successfully managing these factors is essential for survival.
Photo above from left, Aspire of WNY Students Jen, Mathias and Marissa spend time with Jennifer Ball, CFO, Aspire of WNY; Tom Emmerling, Dopkins Managing Partner; Sarah Hedges, Partner, Dopkins Assurance Services Group, Tom Sy, CEO, Aspire of WNY; and Cathy Voyer, VP of Educational Services, Aspire of WNY.
- Spotlight Client: Read more about Aspire of WNY
With its history tracing back over 70 years, Aspire of Western New York is one of the largest not for profits in Western New York, providing services to children and adults with developmental disabilities to assist them in realizing their full potential and live as independently as possible. Today, Aspire provides support to over 3,500 individuals throughout Western New York. Dopkins has served as the independent auditor as well as trusted business advisor for 3 decades.
Dopkins has remained steadfast in our commitment to Aspire and the individuals they serve. In 1990, we partnered with Aspire to organize the inaugural “Going for the Green” golf tournament and we’ve continued our pledge every year since then. Through the support of countless dedicated businesses and individuals, the tournament has raised funds for services and programs vital to support children and adults with developmental disabilities, including:
- Employment, Day and Transition Services – helps participants in achieving their personal goals for employment or developing career skills.
- Center for Learning – provides the highest quality education using state-of-the-art technology, equipment, instructional strategies and therapeutic interventions.
- Division of Community Living – promotes opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities in and around Buffalo NY to live in a setting that best meets their needs.
Charities and Tax Exempt Organizations are experiencing dramatic change resulting from economic, social and legislative developments, as well as technological progress. Many organizations face the demand for increased levels of program activities during a period of reduced government funding, and reduced tax benefits for gifts. In addition, not-for-profit organizations face increasing Federal and State regulations, changes in tax laws, threat of litigation and increased reporting requirements.
Based on the above, we created a Charities and Tax Exempt Organizations service team staffed with members from all departments who have extensive experience with the accounting, reporting, regulatory, operational and tax aspects of not-for-profit organizations. The committee strives to keep you informed of changes as they occur.
- A-133 Audits
- Internal Audits
- Pension Plan Audits
- Cost Report Preparation
- CFR Preparation and Assistance
- Foundation and Endowment Investments
- Information Security
- IT Networking
- IT Network Administration
- IT Software Selection, Implementation and Training
- Institutional Investing and Foundation Endowment Investments
- MC5 Managed Care Managed Costs
- Reimbursement Review
- Retirement Plan Administration
- Tax Return Preparation
- Transaction Advisory Services