Considering joining a world-class accounting and consulting practice? Learn more about Dopkins & Company from our Managing Partner, Tom Emmerling.
For a copy of our Firm Profile, please click here.
Historically, CPA firms performed audits and tax returns. In response to and in anticipation of clients’ needs, Leonard Dopkins evolved his home office into Dopkins & Company, LLP — a full service, highly technical, and diversified accounting and consulting firm of approximately 140 people.
Today, as one of the largest independently owned accounting firms in Western New York, our composition provides us with the necessary flexibility to meet staffing requirements of virtually any nature during the year.
Our aim is to use the numbers to help maximize resources so that your organization becomes more valuable. Our depth and breadth of talent prepare us to address many non-traditional issues.
Our growth is the result of fulfilling the philosophies Leonard instilled in 1955:
- Recognize that the entrepreneur is looking for counsel that goes beyond simply processing and presenting numbers.
- Attract people of intelligence and integrity who add value to the people who drive a company
- Utilize the unique talents of the firm’s individuals to respond to a client’s needs.
- Invest in long-term relationships to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Venture outside the box with services not traditionally performed by a CPA firm to achieve complete client satisfaction.
Dopkins is now into its second generation of locally based firm leadership. The strategic vision for our Firm has us passing an even larger and more successful Firm onto the third generation of leadership and beyond. A linchpin to this strategy is the need to continually seek out and attract the highest level of talent available to serve our clients.
In other words… Achieving Results: People to People.
Our clients enjoy and benefit from our different style of doing business.
One Firm Explained
Whether you are evaluating CPA and consulting firms or career options, you'll want to know what it is that differentiates Dopkins & Company. We think of it as being One Firm. Watch as we articulate what that means to us and for you.