Thinking about a career change? We'd like to talk. Learn more about us.
- A message from Tom Emmerling, Dopkins Managing Partner
Thank you for your interest in Dopkins. This is an exciting time to be engaged in the field of financial services. There are many opportunities at the Director and Senior Manager level in this in-demand field, and I thought it might be helpful to share a little bit about our Firm with you.
We deliver a promise of success to our people. We are a dynamic team of professionals, committed to delivering value to our clients that has a significant positive impact on their businesses and their professional and personal lives.
We deliver value through a service framework that includes a combination of audit, advisory, and consulting services with a holistic focus on our client’s business, family and estate.
As committed as we are to the success of our clients, we believe our Firm and department leadership are equally committed to the success of our people.
We empower our team by focusing on the following critical success factors:
- Our people have strong technical experience and expertise.
- Our people have strong client relationships and deliver excellent client service.
- Our people have strong relationships with each other.
- Our people contribute to the growth of our department and our Firm.
- Our leaders are committed to supporting our people by providing career development and advancement
opportunities, by embracing enabling technologies and instituting stream-lined processes.
The strategic vision for our Firm has us passing a successful Firm onto the next generation of leadership and beyond. A linchpin to this strategy is the need to continually seek out and attract the highest level of talent available to serve our clients.
We believe Dopkins should be the “firm of choice” for assurance professionals who want to take their career to the next level. We strive to attract highly-engaged professionals who are passionate about serving clients, who enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and who are driven to succeed.
I hope you find this information helpful, and look forward to continuing a conversation about joining our team!
Your Current State: Manager & Supervisor:
Do any of these issues sound familiar to you in your current position?
- No pathway to Partnership.
- Working in “silo” structure departmentally & firmwide.
- Limited input as to firm/department governance.
- Limited opportunity to mentor/coach others.
- No opportunity to lead a firm initiative.
- No opportunity to lead a practice area.
- No support to further develop leadership skills.
- No support to further develop business development skills.
- My level of client engagement limits my ability to add value.
Our Assurance Services Group:
More about how Dopkins might be the fit you’re looking for!
- We offer you the opportunity to assume a leadership role within our Firm and the Assurance Services Group (AS) by serving on the AS leadership team.
- The strategic vision for our Firm has us passing a successful Firm onto the next generation of leadership and beyond. There is an opportunity to be a part of that plan.
- Through our status as an RSM US Alliance firm, we avail you of various leadership development programs and support.
- We offer you the ability to serve as a trusted advisor to a sophisticated client base and to actively engage in a leadership role with those clients.
- We offer you the opportunity to mentor emerging leaders.
Client Service and Expertise:
Are you an individual who thrives at:
- Managing client relationships and assuming the role as a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Assuming the role of client service coordinator by working collaboratively within the Firm structure to serve our clients.
- Managing client deliverables and be able to accept final responsibility for decisions and the client work product.
- Managing risk in the client service process by following professional standards.
- Keeping current with a changing Federal and State regulatory environment.
- Demonstrating critical thinking ability.
- Exhibiting sound and practical business judgment.
- Operating with a commitment to ethical behavior, integrity and accountability.
- Having a high level of expertise and can contribute to the thought leadership within the Firm.
- Self-motivation to develop technical & professional skills.
- Understanding marketplace demands for our services and can identify applicable resources to meet marketplace needs.
Interpersonal relationships are paramount at Dopkins. Ideal candidates will:
- Develop our less experienced staff through coaching, teaching and career advising.
- Motivate team members to meet department objectives.
- Identify and work to develop department leaders.
- Accurately appraise performance and provide meaningful feedback.
Serving clients for nearly 70 years, our Firm encourages your contribution for continued success. Align your leadership skills by:
- Actively participating in the Firm’s Leadership initiatives.
- Actively engaging in strategic planning and proactively sharing ideas for department success.
- Proactively conducting critical conversations as a catalyst for your responsibility as a leader to continually improve the Firm.
Growth and Profitability:
Your commitment to the success of our Firm, and our workforce, are essential. Think of Dopkins if you are passionate about:
- Actively engaging and managing to Firm profitability metrics.
- Understanding and working toward team goals for profitability metrics.
- Developing a reputation & relationships that results in new clients & in extended services
to existing clients.
- Consistently and repeatedly originating extended services to existing clients.
- Helping to build the Dopkins brand in the marketplace by actively participating in networking with Centers of Influence (COI’s) and the community.
- Providing thought leadership.
- Working within the Firm structure to support Firm wide growth initiatives.
Questions? Email Kristen Francemone, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
*Your application and all communications and/or discussions with anyone within our firm will be considered CONFIDENTIAL.
Dopkins is an equal opportunity employer and, in accordance with all applicable laws, prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other category protected by law.