Transforming an idea from the lab to the marketplace requires a keen understanding of the business principles and practices to create a successful enterprise.
The business of delivering your idea from the lab to the market.
The Life Sciences field in WNY is emerging and exciting. The energy is palpable and the opportunities endless. As you pursue your research, attention must be paid to the business aspect of the endeavor. That’s not your passion; that’s ours.
- Who's Minding the Business of Bringing Your Idea to Market? Find out in an hour— no charge, no obligation.
Fill out the form below to request your free consultation.
We Understand Your Needs
Since our inception more than 50 years ago, we built a body of knowledge from our work and the work of others, and we share it with our clients in the form of best practices and practical applications.
Our approach helps you anticipate and confront your challenges. As your business evolves, so changes the issues you and your management team face. Dopkins works with business leaders and their management teams to provide critical and valued advice on all aspects of the business.
We are positioned to help at every phase of the business cycle. Our strength is in working with entrepreneurially spirited enterprises. Our expertise will help guide you through all phases of need: during start-up when financing is required, during growth when accounting and tax needs require more focus, to a sale when valuation expertise is key. Some of the specific ways we can assist you include:
- Development of business plans
- Entity structuring
- Assist in preparation of shareholder, partner and employment agreements
- Coordination of debt and equity financing
- N.Y.S. Qualifying Emerging Tax Credits (QETC)
- Specialized tax consulting (i.e. Empire Zones, R&D Credits, etc.)
- Financial projections and budgets
- Financing options
- Cross-border needs: Canadian companies with business in the U.S.
- Financial reporting
- Information technology
- Compensation and structuring
- Retirement plan design
- Employee benefit plan services
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Financial statement preparation
- Performance management & improvement
- Tax planning & compliance
- Business valuations
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Succession planning
- Estate planning