Albert A. Nigro
Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
Al provides accounting, tax and consulting services for privately held companies, and consults on: business start-up and entity formation, financing coordination, design and implementation of financial accounting and reporting systems, income tax planning, estate tax planning, succession planning and business valuation.
Al serves clients in a variety of industries. His areas of specialization include health care, focusing on medical practices, providing services including strategic planning, operational consulting, income tax planning and business valuation. Al also specializes in serving life science companies and provides services for companies at all stages of development, including start-ups. Services Al provides include the development of business plans, financial projections, outsource accounting services, including QuickBooks integration and business valuation.
Al joined the Firm in 1994 after four years with an investment advisory firm.
- Health care
- Life sciences and biotech
- Family-owned businesses
Speaking Engagements & Industry Experience
- Speaker, How will the new tax laws affect you and your business? Presented to members of the Ambulatory Surgery Center of WNY (February 2018)
- Board member, Western New York Venture Association
- Frequent lecturer at events on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. Topics included: The Value of Financial Accounting & Reporting for Biotechnology Startups, Funding in the Life Sciences Industry, Business Valuation for Early-Stage Companies
- Presented at the Fredonia Incubator Entrepreneurial Workshop Series: The Road to Funding for Early-Stage Companies
- Panelist, “The Power of Angel Investing – Buffalo, NY” – The post-investment relationship
- Panelist, “Angel Investing in WNY” program of the WNYVA
- Participated in several Pre-Seed Workshops in Buffalo as a coach
- Participated as a judge for the 43 North competition
- Mentor, Due Diligence Mock Boards for the Critical Path Program.
The Critical Path program represents a partnership among the University at Buffalo, Launch NY, Invest Buffalo Niagara (InBN), the Western New York Incubator Network (WIN) and the VilCap Communities Life Sciences Accelerator Program. It is designed to assist scalable life sciences startups with mentorship from industry and investment experts. Participating companies will use a peer selection process to provide each other feedback and choose two companies to receive a $50,000 investment each from the Launch NY Seed Fund.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Valuation Analyst
Awards & Achievements
- Honoree, “Health Care 50” by Business First of Buffalo (2012)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Member, Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
- B.S. in Accounting from Canisius College
- Member, 2018 Professional Advisors Council for the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo. The Professional Advisors Council is comprised of attorneys, accountants, investment advisors and other financial professionals dedicated to sharing ideas and offering insights in a collaborative environment to address the ever-changing landscape of planned charitable giving.
- Former Vice-Chair, current member of the Finance Committee, Meals on Wheels Foundation for Western New York
- Outsourcing Accounting & Financial Management: Providing Management Strategies to Mitigate Risk
- Outsourcing Accounting & Financial Management: A Solution for Businesses of All Sizes
- Obama Releases 2017 Budget Proposal: How Similar is it to 2016?
- 5 Tax Planning Strategies to Implement in a Down Stock Market
- White House Extends Two Key Requirements of the Health Care Act