Thinking about a career change? We'd like to talk. Learn more about us.
- A message from Tom Emmerling, Dopkins Managing Partner
Thank you for your interest in Dopkins! This is an exciting time to be engaged in the field of financial services. There are many opportunities at the Senior Associate level in this in-demand field, and I thought it might be helpful to share a little bit about our Firm with you.
We deliver a promise of success to our people. We are a dynamic team of professionals, committed to delivering value to our clients that has a significant positive impact on their businesses and their professional and personal lives.
We deliver value through a service framework that includes a combination of tax compliance and consulting services with a holistic focus on our client’s business, family and estate.
As committed as we are to the success of our clients, we believe our Firm and department leadership are equally committed to the success of our people.
We empower our team by focusing on the following critical success factors:
- Our people have strong technical experience and expertise.
- Our people have strong client relationships and deliver excellent client service.
- Our people have strong relationships with each other.
- Our people contribute to the growth of our department and our Firm.
- Our leaders are committed to supporting our people by providing career development and advancement
opportunities, by embracing enabling technologies and instituting stream-lined processes.
The strategic vision for our Firm has us passing a successful Firm onto the next generation of leadership and beyond. A linchpin to this strategy is the need to continually seek out and attract the highest level of talent available to serve our clients.
We believe Dopkins should be the “firm of choice” for tax professionals who want to take their career to the next level. We strive to attract highly-engaged professionals who are passionate about serving clients, who enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and who are driven to succeed.
I hope you find this information helpful, and look forward to continuing a conversation about joining our team!
Your Current State: Senior Associate
Do any of these issues sound familiar to you in your current position?
- Not working in a collaborative environment.
- Inefficient work environment – limited technology utilization.
- Limited or no client interaction.
- Strictly compliance role – no exposure to consulting services.
- Not involved in complex tax engagements.
- Limited support to develop technical tax expertise.
- Not receiving effective mentoring/coaching from Manager.
- Not provided opportunity to supervise an engagement.
- Not reviewing the work of others. Still predominantly preparing work.
Our TAX Advisory Group
More about how Dopkins might be the fit you’re looking for!
- You will have access to department and Firm leaders at all levels through our open-door policy.
- You will have the opportunity to serve a wide array of clients, as to size, complexity and industry.
- You will have the opportunity to advance your career based upon hard work and merit.
- We have a close-knit group of young professionals who work well together and with whom you develop friendships.
- We offer you strong support to develop technical expertise.
Client Service and Expertise:
Are you an individual who thrives at:
- Taking responsibility for client work being performed on time, appropriate scope of services and within budget.
- Taking responsibility for service quality, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Staying current on regulatory and industry issues and shares applicable information with others. Managing risk in the client service process by following professional standards.
- Keeping current with a changing Federal and State regulatory environment.
- Assessing problem/issue materiality and interpreting the implications for the client.
- Consistently taking on work outside of “comfort zone”, asking for stretch assignments to develop.
- Conducting self-review to ensure work is complete and no open issues exist.
- Demonstrating an understanding of and applying tax planning concepts.
- Developing the ability to recognize tax issues.
- Keeping current on tax law changes.
Interpersonal relationships are paramount at Dopkins. Ideal candidates will:
- Build relationships across the Firm to ensure client service excellence.
- Attend recruiting events to build the practice.
- Take ownership of personal career goals and seek out mentors and advisors within the Firm.
- Dedicate time to coaching others in tax software knowledge, business processes, research skills/resources, technical expertise.
Serving clients for nearly 70 years, our Firm encourages your contribution for continued success. Jump-start your leadership skills by:
- Actively participating in Become Remembered & Repeated (BR&R), the Firm’s professional development curriculum.
- Learning client service skills through Dopkins Five Star training program.
- Be recognized, and also recognize your peers for exceptional service, through the Firm’s internal communications system.
Growth and Profitability:
Your commitment to the success of our Firm, and our workforce, are essential. Think of Dopkins if you are passionate about:
- Developing a professional network of peers with a business development focus.
- Being alert to client needs that may result in a growth opportunity for the Firm and conduct proactive communication to the Client Service Coordinator.
- Effectively presenting ideas to clients that result in additional services.
Questions? Email Kristen Francemone, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Your application and all communications and/or discussions with anyone within our firm will be considered CONFIDENTIAL.
Dopkins is an equal opportunity employer and, in accordance with all applicable laws, prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other category protected by law.