Thinking about a career change? We'd like to talk. Learn more about us.
- A message from Tom Emmerling, Dopkins Managing Partner
Thank you for your interest in Dopkins. This is an exciting time to be engaged in the field of financial services. There are many opportunities at the Manager & Supervisor levels in this in-demand field, and I thought it might be helpful to share a little bit about our Firm with you.
We deliver a promise of success to our people. We are a dynamic team of professionals, committed to delivering value to our clients that has a significant positive impact on their businesses and their professional and personal lives.
We deliver value through a service framework that includes a combination of audit, advisory, and consulting services with a holistic focus on our client’s business, family and estate.
As committed as we are to the success of our clients, we believe our Firm and department leadership are equally committed to the success of our people.
We empower our team by focusing on the following critical success factors:
- Our people have strong technical experience and expertise.
- Our people have strong client relationships and deliver excellent client service.
- Our people have strong relationships with each other.
- Our people contribute to the growth of our department and our Firm.
- Our leaders are committed to supporting our people by providing career development and advancement. opportunities, by embracing enabling technologies and instituting stream-lined processes.
The strategic vision for our Firm has us passing a successful Firm onto the next generation of leadership and beyond. A linchpin to this strategy is the need to continually seek out and attract the highest level of talent available to serve our clients.
We believe Dopkins should be the “firm of choice” for assurance professionals who want to take their career to the next level. We strive to attract highly-engaged professionals who are passionate about serving clients, who enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and who are driven to succeed.
I hope you find this information helpful, and look forward to continuing a conversation about joining our team
Your Current State: Manager & Supervisor:
Do any of these issues sound familiar to you in your current position?
- No pathway to promotion; lacking guidance for career path.
- No opportunity to network or community involvement; limited business development skill building opportunities.
- Limited or no client interaction; minimal involvement in technical issues; knowledge on final deliverable not provided.
- Limited or no feedback on one’s own engagements.
- Limited or no performance evaluation.
- Stuck in a practice area that you are not passionate about and wanting to expand to other practice areas.
- Lack of accountability amongst your peers
- Unable to delegate work to staff because of lack of confidence.
- Working in a “silo” structure departmentally and firmwide.
- No support to further develop leadership skills.
Our Assurance Services Group:
More about how Dopkins might be the fit you’re looking for!
- We offer you the opportunity to assume a leadership role with our Firm and the Assurance Services Group (AS) by serving on a committee or leading a service group.
- We offer you a Career Advisor that allows you the opportunity to focus the direction of your career.
- We offer both technical training and business development training so you can become a well-rounded professional.
- The strategic structure of our Firm allows you to work as a team on each engagement and input is gathered at each level to provide exceptional client service.
- The Firm structure allows for an open-door policy, meaning you will have access to each partner, director or any member of the Firm.
- Through our status as an RSM US Alliance firm, you will have access to a wide spectrum of leadership development programs and support.
Client Service and Expertise:
Are you an individual who thrives at:
- Providing excellent client service by listening to client needs, articulating their issues and communicating important developments to both the client and staff.
- Building relationships by recognizing team capabilities; engaging and motivating team members while effectively delegating work effectively ensuring deadlines are met.
- Seeking opportunities for personal growth by networking and community involvement.
- Seeking opportunities for business growth by understanding the marketplace trends and recognizing those trends to assist and lead in growth potential.
- Developing a specialized technical expertise area.
- Demonstrates awareness of Firm’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Keeping current with a changing Federal and State regulatory environment.
- Demonstrating critical thinking ability.
- Operating with a commitment to ethical behavior, integrity and accountability.
- Self-motivation to develop technical & professional skills.
Interpersonal relationships are paramount at Dopkins. Ideal candidates will:
- Take ownership of personal career goals and seeks out mentors and advisors within the Firm.
- Develop our less experienced staff through coaching and teaching.
- Attend networking events to build your personal network to enhance the Firm practice.
- Attend client meetings as part of a team to enhance client relationships.
Serving clients for nearly 70 years, our Firm encourages your contribution for continued success. Jump-start your leadership skills by:
- Actively participating in the Firm’s professional development programs.
- Taking an active role in recognizing peers for exceptional service, through the Firm’s internal communication system.
- Actively engaging in department training and committee involvement for department success.
Growth and Profitability:
Your commitment to the success of our Firm, and our workforce, are essential. Think of Dopkins if you are passionate about:
- Being alert to client needs that may result in a growth opportunity for the Firm and conduct proactive communication to the Client Service Coordinator.
- Working within the Firm structure to support Firm wide growth initiatives.
- Helping to build the Dopkins brand in the marketplace by actively participating in networking with Centers of Influence (COI’s) and the community.
- Understanding what is important to the client and how to maximize the relationship.
Questions? Email Kristen Francemone, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
*Your application and all communications and/or discussions with anyone within our firm will be considered CONFIDENTIAL.
Dopkins is an equal opportunity employer and, in accordance with all applicable laws, prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other category protected by law.