Alexander J. Vandenbergh
Assurance Services Group
A member of firm’s Assurance Services Group, Alec performs audit and review services, with special interest in serving not-for-profit and human services clients. He began his career with Dopkins & Company, LLP in 2018 upon graduation.
- B.A., All College Honors, Canisius College
- M.B.A., Professional Accounting, Canisius College
- Recipient of multiple scholarship awards for academic achievements.
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Study Abroad Program and Intensive Portugese Language Program in Porto Alegre, Brazil
Prior to joining Dopkins, Alec served a multi-year term with a local inner-city Charter School. He began his career at the school as a resource developer as an AmeriCorps VISTA Fellow, where he was instrumental in fundraising & development initiatives and staff training relative to cultures of the refugee population served by the school. He rose to the position of accounting assistant, where he was responsible for processing payables and reconciling accounts among other duties.
Alec also served an internship as an investigative intern with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. While there he performed intake interviews and investigations with respect to employment discrimination complaints. He also analyzed cases in reference to applicable laws including the Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and the Age Discrimination Act, among others.
- Volunteer, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA)