Alexander J. Vandenbergh
Assurance Services Group
A member of the Firm’s Assurance Services Group, Alec performs audit and review services, with special interest in serving health and human services clients. He is also a key member of the department’s new hire orientation team. He began his career with Dopkins & Company, LLP in 2018 upon graduation.
- B.A., All College Honors, Canisius College
- M.B.A., Professional Accounting, Canisius College
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Study Abroad Program and Intensive Portuguese Language Program in Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Recipient of multiple scholarship awards for academic achievements and a Gilman Scholarship for international study.
- Certified Public Accountant
Principal areas of expertise
- Financial statement audits and reviews
- Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR) examinations
- Single Audits
Prior to obtaining his M.B.A. and joining Dopkins, Alec served a multi-year term with a local charter school in the AmeriCorps VISTA program. He began his career at the school as a resource developer, where he was instrumental in various program, development, and community partnership initiatives, with a particular focus in building supports for students of immigrant and refugee backgrounds. He stayed on with the school after his AmeriCorps service to assist with bookkeeping and other special projects.
During his time at Canisius, he also completed internships in government and with a local refugee resettlement agency.
- Treasurer, Mental Health Advocates of Western New York (June 2022 – Present)
- Member, NYS Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)