Andrew J. Reading
Assurance Services Group
At a glance
Andy is a seasoned financial services professional with experience auditing financial systems, programs and processes for clients from a diverse range of industries. He devotes a significant portion of his career to building client relationships that are rooted in an understanding of their operations and goals through all stages of their business life cycle. He routinely mentors and trains staff on assessing risk and designing effective data driven procedures that yield valuable information to clients. As a leader of the Firm’s Risk Advisory Services Team, he oversees the design, execution, and implementation of client risk assessment and audit plans.
Andy joined the Firm in 2007 after receiving first-hand knowledge of Dopkins values and culture as a participant in the Firm’s internship program.
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Health Care
Principal Areas of Expertise
- Risk Assessments
- Internal Controls
- Fraud Prevention
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Financial Reporting
- Transaction Advisory Services
- Lease Standard Implementation & Accounting Services
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member, Board of Directors, for the National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives (NSAC) Atlantic Chapter; Member, NSAC Accounting & Auditing Committee; Programming Advisor, NSAC Annual Conference. Recent conferences have taken place at:
- Denver, Colorado (2019)
- Austin, TX (August 2018)
- Salt Lake City (July 2017)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- B.S. in Accounting from the State University of New York at Fredonia
Awards & Achievements
- Listed, Who’s Who in Banking and Finance, published by Business First of Buffalo
Treasurer, WNY Regional National Academy of Finance Advisory Board. The Academy of Finance is a network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to offer high school students an opportunity to study accounting, international trade, leadership, and the use of technology in preparing for college and the financial services industry.
Treasurer, SUNY Fredonia School of Business Advisory Council. The Council is comprised of a group of regional business executives dedicated to consulting with the School of Business on the matters of curriculum design and program development.
- Member, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: Light the Night Walk Executive Leadership Committee
- Presenter, Strategically Planning for Executive Succession: A conversation about lessons learned from the road, to members of the Northeast Cooperative Council (NECC) at the 70th Annual Meeting & Leadership Forum (February 2020)
- Presenter, Revenue Recognition: It’s not Sexy but You Need to Know, to members of the National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives (NSAC) at the 2019 Annual Conference in Denver, Colorado.
- Presenter, Trends in Fraud Prevention– Keeping Up in the Digital Age
News & Events
- Dopkins Names Andrew J. Reading Partner
- Dopkins publishes an article on Change Management in Northeast Dairy Magazine
- Dopkins & Company Announces Promotions
- As seen in NorthEast Dairy: How to Use Your Innovation to Milk the Government
- Trends in EBP Litigation and EBP Fiduciary Best Practices
- Navigating a Changing Economy and Industry: Managing Profitability Through Lean/Six Sigma
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Risk Considerations in Transactions