Ryan C. Smith
Dopkins Wealth Management, LLC
At a glance
Ryan is involved with the presentation and implementation of his clients’ financial and investment plans, as well as with daily client service needs. With a passion for creating customized financial plans for his clients, Ryan helps them make more educated and well-informed decisions about their future.
Ryan has earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification. CFP® professionals meet rigorous education, training and ethical standards, and are committed to serving their clients’ best interests today to prepare them for a more secure tomorrow.
A tireless advocate of educating his clients in order to assist them in making informed decisions as they build, protect and transfer wealth, Ryan leads the firm’s efforts in the utilization and deployment of its sophisticated financial planning software.
Ryan began his career at Dopkins Wealth Management, LLC in 2019 following graduation from Canisius College. While at Canisius, Ryan was a student analyst for their Golden Griffin Fund. The program is a student ran mutual fund where each analyst is responsible for monitoring held companies, tracking economic indicators, along with composing an investment analysis report of a target company.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Canisius College
Professional Certifications & Memberships
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
Ryan is an Emerging Business Leaders (Class of 2020) graduate. The Emerging Business Leaders is a group developed by the Amherst Chamber of Commerce focused on developing the next generation of leaders in Western New York.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) owns the CFP® certification mark, the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification mark, and the CFP® certification mark (with plaque design) logo in the United States, which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
- What Would a Recession Mean for Stock Returns?
- What History Tells Us about the Market and Control of US Congress
- Don’t Fear Investment Losses, Reap the Reward
- ETF or mutual fund? Which is right for you?
- The Fed’s Decision on Rates & The Impact
- A Disciplined Approach to Investing is No Gamble
- The Election and the Market
- The Benefits of Choosing the Right Advisor
- Market Prices Are Forward Looking While Economic Data Is Backward Looking
- CARES Act Impact on Retirement Investors
- COVID-19: Staying invested while the market is falling
- The SECURE Act and Its Impact
- How Much Can You Save for Retirement in 2020?