Eric R. Soro
Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
Eric embraces the challenges of taxes and puts them to work for the client. He focuses on every aspect of a client’s needs, from preparing top-level corporate and partnership returns through to the culmination of member and shareholder individual returns.
Taking into account the ever changing tax laws, Eric researches the complex topics that affect his client’s taxes so that he may efficiently plan his process and yield the optimal results.
He joined Dopkins & Company, LLP as an intern in 2006 and progressed to full-time in 2007 upon graduation.
- Auto Dealerships
- Craft Beverages
- Family Owned / Privately Held Business
Principal areas of expertise
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Consolidated C-Corp Tax
- Partnership Tax
- S & C Corp Tax
- Individual Tax
- Tax Planning
- Tax Research
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Member & Advisor, Buffalo Niagara 360
- Emerging Business Leaders Class of 2018, presented by the Amherst Chamber of Commerce
- CCH Intelliconnect (Tax Research Software)
- CCH Planning (Tax Planning Software)
- CCH Prosystems Fixed Assets (Depreciation Software)
- CCH Prosystems Tax (Tax Software)
- B.B.A. in accounting, cum laude, Niagara University
- Graduate, Emerging Business Leaders (Class of 2018). The Emerging Business Leaders is a group developed by the Amherst Chamber of Commerce focused on developing the next generation of leaders in Western New York.
- Prior to joining Dopkins, Eric was a business development representative for a major tourism company in Niagara Falls, NY.
- Dopkins R&D Tax Credit Video Series Segment 1 – Introduction
- Dopkins R&D Tax Credit Video Series Segment 2 – What Qualifies as Research & Development?
- Dopkins R&D Tax Credit Video Series Segment 3 – The process
- Dopkins R&D Tax Credit Video Series Segment 4 – Qualified Research Expenses (QREs)
- NYS Pandemic Unemployment Update
- R&D Tax Credits for the Craft Beverage Industry: The Ice Cream Truck is coming!
- Time to celebrate with a glass of wine: Reductions to the Craft Beverage Excise Tax Rate
- Cheers! Celebrate with your Favorite Spirits: Reductions to the Craft Beverage Excise Tax Rate
- Time to celebrate with Beer: Reductions to the Craft Beverage Excise Tax Rate
- Thinking of moving? You might be able to claim a federal deduction for associated costs
- Bipartisan Senate Bill Introduced to Assist U.S. Manufacturers
- I have $4 Billion: R&D in a Different Light
- New for 2016: IRS Increases Penalties on Information Returns
- Form 720 Due July 31: Have a Specified or Self Insured Health Plan?
- Congress Passes Extenders Package
- SSA Increases Taxable Wage Base & Benefits in 2015
- IRS Reduces Standard Mileage Rates for 2014
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor– the $54 billion Tax Gap