Jill E. Colombo
Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
Jill specializes in corporate and individual consulting and compliance services. Jill’s main focus is on strategic tax planning and compliance solutions for high net worth individuals and family owned businesses and their owners. She has significant experience with multi-state tax corporate issues and international tax matters. Various projects include tax planning, international compliance and tax structure consulting services. Whether it is assistance meeting a tax compliance deadline or a special project, Jill immerses herself in her clients’ business and integrates seamlessly with the leadership teams.
She also leads the firm’s Personal Development Committee which develops our team members in the softer skills of the profession, such as communication, public speaking and networking. She joined Dopkins in 2001.
Principal areas of expertise
- Corporate tax
- Federal, multi-state, New York State and local taxation
- International tax & compliance
- Employee benefit plans compliance
- Tax planning
- Tax structure consulting services
- Special projects
- Certified Public Accountant
- Cross Border
- High net worth individuals
- Family Owned/Privately-Held Businesses & their Ownership
- Member, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Member, Buffalo Niagara Partnership CanAm Council. The CanAm Council is a cross-industry collaboration of business leaders focused on developing the region’s bi-national economy.
- Member, 2022 Professional Advisors Council for the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo. The Professional Advisors Council is comprised of attorneys, accountants, investment advisors and other financial professionals dedicated to sharing ideas and offering insights in a collaborative environment to address the ever-changing landscape of planned charitable giving.
- Past Treasurer of the Ken-Ton Chamber of Commerce
- An avid photographer, a significant amount of Jill’s work is on display in the office at Dopkins.
- BS in Accounting, State University of New York at Geneseo
News & Events
- Year-end tax planning considerations
- More reporting – Foreign owned disregarded entity
- ITIN Expirations – Are you affected?
- Own an interest in a Foreign Entity? What does the New Tax Act mean for you?
- Some ITINs are Expiring December 31, 2017. Do I need to Renew?
- Yes, you can undo a Roth IRA conversion
- Some Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) are Expiring – Is Yours?
- FBAR Reporting Changes Begin 2016 Calendar Year
- How does the PATH Act affect you as an Individual?
- PATH Act Impacts 9 Business Tax Provisions. Yes, Your Business
- Signed Dec. 18th, PATH Act Addresses Tax Credits & Tax Extenders
- Tangible Asset Regulations (TARS)- Final Regulations Released