Tyler M. Owen CPA, CFE
Tyler M. Owen
Assurance Services Group
At a glance
As a member of the Assurance Services team, Tyler provides assurance and consulting services to clients from a diverse group of industries, providing management with critical information to help them improve their organizational fiscal controls. He performs audit and review services for closely held businesses and exempt organizations, and also provides assurance services for employee benefit plans. He began his career with Dopkins as an intern and joined the Firm after graduation.
Prior to joining Dopkins, Tyler also served as a Sales and Excise Tax auditor for the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.
- M.B.A. in Accounting, Canisius College
- B.S. in Accounting & Finance, Canisius College
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Health Care
- Dairy Cooperatives
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Member, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Tyler served as the 2019 Dopkins Team Leader for the Walk Towards a New Horizon. Proceeds raised support Horizon Health Services, a not-for-profit corporation that provides hope and healing for individuals and their families dealing with substance use and/or mental health disorders.
- 401(k) Plan Investment Options: Cryptocurrencies
- 4 key business issues driving food and beverage companies
- 2022 food and beverage industry outlook
- Consumer products M&A insights from the fourth quarter
- Trends in Employee Benefit Plan Litigation and EBP Fiduciary Best Practices