The 2022 Family-Owned Business Awards will honor multi-generational and family-owned businesses in Western New York for overall excellence, innovation, ethics, philanthropy and contribution to the strength of the region.
Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges. We are seeking self-nominations from family-owned businesses, as well as nominations from service providers and others that know the business well.
Nominations due by Friday, September 9th!
View the nomination form here.
Why Nominate for the Family Business Awards?
Family businesses are important drivers of the local and regional economy. All finalists will be profiled in a Business First special publication and celebrated at an awards dinner.
These awards will honor the success and impact of multi-generational family businesses in the region. We’re looking for family businesses that have endured through multiple generations, have continued to change with the times and contribute to the community.
- An award as a leading family-owned business sends a message of success to employees and prospective employees and gives a company the follow-on chance to recognize workers for their contribution to the business’s success.
- Recognition by Buffalo’s business community can make the business more visible in the community.
- A nomination is a great way for business advisers to recognize their clients.
- The awards dinner will be a wonderful opportunity to build contacts, meet and network with other nominees, service providers and community business leaders.
Terry Galanis Sr. Leadership Award for Multi-Generational Family Run Businesses.
Sealing Devices Inc., founder and chairman of the Board, Terry Galanis, Sr. passed away June 25, 2020 at the age of 102 years. Mr. Galanis Sr., better known in the office as “Mr. G”, enjoyed being in the office, seeing smiling faces and spending time with his friends and team.
He will be remembered for building a company from the ground up, exhibiting strong leadership and creating an environment where people look forward to coming to work every day. He believed in honesty, truthfulness and ethical values that ran deeply through his companies’ culture.
Buffalo Business First is proud to partner with the Galanis Family and Sealing Devices to create the Terry Galanis Sr. Leadership Award for Multi-Generational Family Run Businesses.
Nominations will be accepted until Sept. 9th. Companies:
- Must be at least 50.1% family owned.
- Must have been in business for at least five years.
- Must have at least 2 family members involved in business operations.
- Must be headquartered in Western New York. (8 counties: Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Wyoming, Allegany, Genesee and Orleans)
NEW – to nominate a company, Business First requests users log in with a password/username.
- There is no charge for a nominating user account. A paid subscription to Business First is not required.
- The purpose of the login is to provide users with the ability to save a nomination form as a work in progress if the need arises to leave the form and go back to it later.
- The login account is required for any Business First nomination, not just Family Business Awards. (Other categories include 40 Under 40, Best Places to Work, Healthiest Employers, Who’s Who nominations, etc.)
Michelle Cioci Adams at email@example.com