Ryan J. Winkler
Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
Ryan provides tax compliance services for both businesses and individuals, where he manages and oversees review and compilation engagements and tax compliance engagements. Ryan also works directly with clients to provide business and individual tax planning as well as consulting on various business matters. Ryan also serves our clients in a co-source capacity, providing predominantly controller-level duties.
Internally, Ryan works closely with new members of our team and contributes significantly to their professional development. He is a key contributor to the Firm’s internship program, frequently coordinating training sessions and assisting young talent as they prepare tax returns. Ryan also co-manages our department scheduling process which is instrumental to performing client services in a timely and efficiently manner.
- Family Owned/Privately Held Businesses
Principal Areas of Practice
- Corporate Tax Returns
- Partnership Tax Returns
- Review and compilation engagements
- Tax compliance engagements
- Business and individual tax planning
- General business consulting
- Controller-level co-sourcing
- Client Accounting & Advisory Solutions
- Masters of Business Administration in Finance, Canisius College
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Canisius College
- Certified Public Accountant
Awards & Achievements
In 2022, Ryan took part in RSM’s Breakthrough Leaders Institute. A leadership program specifically designed to enhance the develop of new managers in the areas of team leadership and high-quality client service.
Prior to joining Dopkins in 2019, Ryan worked in the field of public accounting in the Western New York area, where he quickly rose to a leadership role both internally by training and mentoring colleagues, as well as client service management.