Brendan P. Brady
Assurance Services Group
At a glance
Brendan is responsible for managing client engagements, team scheduling, training and development. He leads assurance engagements as well as internal control projects in a wide range of industries, and is one of the leaders of the Firm’s employee benefit plan audit practice. Brendan focuses on gaining a deep understanding of the operations of the companies he serves, allowing him to work closely with management to provide insights into opportunities for operational improvements. Brendan’s responsibilities also include development and supervision of training programs for members of the Assurance Services department, implementation of new auditing standards, and assisting clients in implementing new accounting standards.
Brendan joined Dopkins & Company LLP in 2002 upon graduation.
- Wholesale and Retail
- Family Owned Businesses
- Employee Benefit Plans
Principal Areas of Expertise
- Employee benefit plans
- Accounting for foreign operations
- Internal controls
- Accounting for business combinations
- Revenue Recognition Standard Implementation Services
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations
- Financial Reporting
- Litigation Support
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) – Buffalo Chapter
- Member, Board of Directors, University at Buffalo Alumni Association (2019 – Present).
- Member, Board of Trustees, Irish Classical Theatre Company (2019 – Present). Brendan also serves as a member of the Planning Committee for the Irish Classical Theatre Company’s annual signature fundraising event.
- Member, Finance Committee, Gerard Place, an organization dedicated to providing housing and supportive programs for homeless, single-parent families.
- B.S. in Accounting, summa cum laude, State University of New York at Buffalo
- M.B.A., summa cum laude, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Presenter, The New Revenue Recognition Standard: Are You Ready? (April 2018)
- Presenter, Best Practices on Fraud Awareness and Prevention, Niagara Frontier Automobile Dealers Association (July 2017)
- Department of Labor Releases Additional Guidance on Missing Retirement Plan Participants
- IRS Reopens Lump Sum Buyout Windows
- Changes to IRS Determination Letter Program
- De-risking a Defined Benefit Pension Plan? The IRS Ixnayed One Option
- A Fraud Policy for Your Employee Benefit Plan? You Bet!