Nicolaus A. VanCleave
Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
A member of Dopkins Tax Advisory Group, Nicolaus has experience in the preparation of individual tax returns, supporting corporate tax returns and also calculation and preparation of NYS sales tax returns. He is also a member of Dopkins Research & Development tax credit team. He began his career with Dopkins & Company, LLP in 2020 following graduation.
- Master of Science in Finance, Niagara University
- Master of Business Administration in Accounting, Niagara University
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Niagara University
While attending college, Nicholas worked for several years at a local CPA firm based in Niagara Falls, NY. While there he gained a significant amount of tax experience with respect to maintaining and performing bookkeeping services, including software implementation, financial statement preparation, and input of monthly and quarterly bank activities and reconciliations. He also prepared individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporate and exempt organization income tax returns and sales tax returns.
- QuickBooks Certified User
- Treasurer, Home Assistance Referral Team, Inc. HART is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enable members of our community to maintain quality of life in their own home by linking them with qualified and affordable help.
- Volunteer Tax Preparer, Niagara University Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Nicolaus completed the IRS training course and prepared income tax returns for low income and elderly taxpayers.