As cyberattacks become more common, businesses in every industry are falling victim. Our presenters will give you an insider’s look at cybersecurity threats and give you actionable advice you can use to respond to the threats your business might face, file a cyber claim, and implement the controls you need to keep your business—and your customers—safe.
- Reggie DeJean | Specialty Insurance Director, Lawley
- Steven Murphy | President, Whiteboard I.T. Solutions, LLC
- William Prohn | Director of Information Technology, Dopkins & Company
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
8:00 – 10:30am
Buffalo Niagara Partnership (BlueCross BlueShield Bldg.)
257 West Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
Free – Partnership Members
$50 – Non-Members
Continental breakfast included.
To waive the $50 Non-Member fee, please use code CSDopkins to register as our complimentary guest.
(Make sure to select LINE 1 – Guest of Dopkins & Company to receive FREE Registration.)
8:00-8:20 a.m. – Networking and continental breakfast
8:20-9:00 a.m. – Case study deep dive: A detailed timeline of a cyber event and discussion of key takeaways
9:05-9:45 a.m. – Breakout sessions. Please choose one:
- Cyber Risk Assessment: Businesses face a variety of threats from their use of computing and the Internet. There are many different controls and other activities that can help prevent an event or reduce the impact. William Prohn will show you how to complete an I.T. Risk Assessment, understand the threats your business might face, and choose a response that’s right for your business.
- The Anatomy of a Cyber Claim: What should a business do after a cyberattack? Reggie DeJean will give you a detailed walk-through of the process to file a cyber claim. You’ll learn how to notify your insurance company and get an overview of the legal, forensic, notification, resolution, and mitigation services you can leverage in the aftermath of an attack.
- Controls: Only as Good as Their Configuration: How can you implement controls like email protection, intrusion detection, and data backup in your organization? Steven Murphy will guide you through a look at the controls implemented in the morning’s case study and give you actionable advice you can take back to the office.
9:50-10:30 a.m. – Interactive panel discussion
Who should attend
CSO’s, SVP’s, EVP’s, VP’s of IT/Security/Risk/Compliance
IT and Network Security Executives and Managers
Governance, Risk, Compliance and Privacy Executives, Business Owners
By your presence at this event, you consent to being photographed and your image or likeness being used for any purpose without compensation or acknowledgement.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will be accepted up to 48 hours prior to the event.
Have questions about 2019 Speaker Series – How to Prepare for and Respond to a Cybersecurity Threat? Contact Buffalo Niagara Partnership