Victoria S. Carlin
Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
Victoria specializes in providing tax compliance and consulting services to closely-held businesses and high net worth individuals across the United States and Canada. With 25 years of experience in providing tax advice and audit representation, she delivers a full range of tax services in compliance with federal and multi-state laws and regulations for partnerships, S and C corporations, consolidated and multi-tiered ownership structures and individuals (including expatriates).
Her expertise encompasses tax work for profit-making organizations representing a variety of industries, including real estate, construction, manufacturing, retail, service and professional associations.
Graduating with a Masters in Taxation from University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Victoria spent the first eight years of her career with two of the “Big 4” accounting firms in Minneapolis, MN, followed by time spent in industry as the tax manager for a publicly traded manufacturer/retailer, before returning to public accounting.
A member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the NYS Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), with dual licenses in Minnesota and New York, Victoria is a frequent author and speaker on tax topics and their impact on Western New York businesses.
- Real Estate
- Professional associations
- Cross Border
- Masters of Taxation, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (Denver, CO)
- B.S. in Accounting, magna cum laude, Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- Associate in Applied Science in Business Administration, with Honors, Erie Community College
- Certified Public Accountant, licensed in New York State and Minnesota
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, NYS Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Co-Presenter, Federal Corporate & Pass Through Entity Tax Law Update, Niagara Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants 2018 Tax Seminar (December 2018)
- Speaker, Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: The Business Perspective (June 2018)
- Speaker, How will the new tax laws affect you and your business? Presented to members of the Ambulatory Surgery Center of WNY (February 2018)
- And So It Begins……Economic Nexus Starts To Apply To More Than Just Sales Tax
- It Only Takes One…Audit, That Is: Why ALL Businesses (Foreign and Domestic) Should Be Filing Sales Tax Returns
- IRS EVICTS SOME LANDLORDS: Not All Rental Real Estate Qualifies for the 199A Pass-Through Deduction
- YOU’VE BEEN DISQUALIFIED! Not Everyone Gets the 199A Pass-through Deduction
- Free Parking is Not Free Any More: TCJA Taxes Employers for Employee Transportation Benefits
- Should You be Collecting Sales Tax? Probably! Remote seller sales tax hits more than just E-Commerce
- Retirement Plans: Service Businesses Saving Taxes the Old Fashioned Way
- Kill Quill: The Supreme Court Gets SALT(Y)
- The “Small” Business Tax Break: It’s Not for Everyone
- Congress Kiboshes Liberal Loss Utilization: TCJA Limits Business Losses for Everyone
- To Borrow or Not to Borrow, That is the New Question: Interest Expense Has New Limitations under the TJCA
- Oops, they did it again! Congress extends the extenders
- Congress Puts Your Golf Game in the Bunker: The new rules for Meals and Entertainment under the TCJA
- Have You Updated Your LLC or Partnership Agreement Yet? Big Changes to IRS Audits Coming
- And the Two Shall Become One: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Sprint to the Finish Line
- A TALE OF TWO TAX BILLS: How does the story end?
- HOUSE VS SENATE: The Battle for Tax Reform Begins
- The House Tax Bill Says What?
News & Events