Sean C. Grathwol
Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
A Senior Associate in the Firm’s Client Accounting & Advisory Solution (CAAS) Group, Sean concentrates on engagements for clients hailing from a wide variety of industries. He joined Dopkins in 2018.
- Masters of Business Administration in Forensic Accounting, Canisius College
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting/Accounting Information Systems, Canisius College
- Recipient, SAP Student Certification Award
- Certified Public Accountant
Sean served an extended internship at one of the largest insurance companies headquartered in Western New York. While there, he developed reports and conducted internal auditing functions in order to aid management efforts to improve business processes. He also maintained project management duties for an internal incentive program designed optimize employee motivation and commitment in the workplace.
Sean remained an active member of the Canisius College community throughout his entire academic career. As the Accounting Information Systems (AIS) representative for the Canisius College Accounting Society, he routinely presented at accounting industry events, and also mentored fellow students through the organization’s tutoring program. Sean also served a multi-year term as Captain of the College’s Rowing Club.
- Alumni Mentor, Canisius College Career Path Awareness Night. Sean served as an advisor to undergraduate and graduate business students on best practices to put their degree to work in order to set career goals after graduation (March 2019).
- For nearly ten years, Sean has served as a certified coach for athletes participating in the Special Olympics regional competitions in Buffalo and Albany, NY.
- He has been an active volunteer for St. Luke’s Sandwich Ministry, a program dedicated to dispensing meals and vital services to homeless and at-risk individuals in the City of Buffalo.
- Sean routinely volunteers at other vital community organizations in Western New York, including the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County, Boys and Girls Club of WNY, the Food Bank of WNY and Global Horizons.
- Building Client Relationships: A First-Year Associate’s Insights
- Building Client Relationships: A First-Year Associate’s Insights (Part II)