Patrick M. Rost
CISSP, CMMC-AB RP
Dopkins System Consultants
As a member of Dopkins Systems Consultants, Pat assists clients with improving their cyber security from a technical perspective. With nearly 10 years of information technology experience in a variety of industries, he is well-suited to assist clients in implementing, maintaining and protecting their computer networking environments.
Before joining the firm in 2019, Pat most recently served as the IT Manager/Systems Administrator for New Directions Youth and Family Services, one of the region’s largest human service non-profit organizations. In previous assignments, he worked as a systems technician for several leading Information Technology consulting firms in Western New York.
- Medical practices
- Physicians / physician groups
- Restaurant and hotel management
Principal areas of expertise
- Network Administration, including Wireless Area Network (WAN), Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Local Area Network (LAN) Administration
- Troubleshoot server and network problems
- Configuration and monitoring of data backups
- Firewall installation
- Cyber Security, including safeguarding the security of business information and systems
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Net+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CMMC-AB RP (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification Accreditation Body Registered Practitioner)
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Network Administration with a minor in Information Security and Assurance, State University of New York at Alfred, College of Technology
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Computer Information Systems, State University of New York at Alfred, College of Technology
- Presenter, Cybersecurity: It’s a Question of Governance, presented to Financial Managers Association (FMA) of Rehab Agencies (May 2022)
- Presenter, Working from Home: the New Normal, presented to Financial Managers Association (FMA) of Rehab Agencies (May 2022)
- Presenter, Secure Behaviors for the Individual: Phishing and Cybersecurity, Presented to members of the Erie County Chapter of Medical Assistants (March 2021)
- Presenter, STARTegy: A Strategy for Getting Started with a Cybersecurity Program (September 2020)
- Overview of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) for Department of Defense Contractors
- STARTegy A Strategy for Getting Started with a Cybersecurity Program (one hour program)
- STARTegy: Managing Cybersecurity Risks at Your Business (intro video)
Since 2013, Patrick has been a volunteer firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). He currently serves the Franklinville Fire Department and previously served the U-Crest Volunteer Fire Department.
Patrick is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Amherst Chamber of Commerce Emerging Business Leaders (EBL). The Emerging Business Leaders is a group developed by the Amherst Chamber of Commerce focused on developing the next generation of leaders in Western New York. Patrick is a graduate of the Class of 2021.
- Health care and cybersecurity insurance: The importance of understanding your organization’s coverage
- Cybersecurity considerations and trends for boards and audit commmittees
Cybersecurity Awareness Month 4-part series:
- See Yourself in Cyber: Update Your Software
- See Yourself in Cyber: Recognize and Report Phishing
- See Yourself in Cyber: Use Strong Passwords
- See Yourself in Cyber: Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
- A Strategy to Get Started with an Information Security Program: The CMMC is here: What you need to know about Dept. of Defense Contractor Cybersecurity Requirements
- CMMC 2.0: What DOD contractors need to know
- A Strategy to Get Started with an Information Security Program: Best Practices for Passwords and Account Security
- A Strategy to Get Started with an Information Security Program: What Does the SolarWinds Data Breach Mean for Your Business?
- A Strategy to Get Started with an Information Security Program: What would a Data Breach Cost you?
- A Strategy to Get Started with an Information Security Program: Working from Home
- A Strategy to Get Started with an Information Security Program: Cybersecurity Awareness Training
- A Strategy to Get Started with an Information Security Program: Are you prepared with a Data backup?