Patrick M. Rost
Dopkins System Consultants
As a member of Dopkins Systems Consultants, Pat assists clients with improving their cyber security from a technical perspective. With nearly 10 years of information technology experience in a variety of industries, he is well-suited to assist clients in implementing, maintaining and protecting their computer networking environments.
Before joining the firm in 2019, Pat most recently served as the IT Manager/Systems Administrator for New Directions Youth and Family Services, one of the region’s largest human service non-profit organizations. In previous assignments, he worked as a systems technician for several leading Information Technology consulting firms in Western New York.
- Medical practices
- Physicians / physician groups
- Restaurant and hotel management
Principal areas of expertise
- Network Administration, including Wireless Area Network (WAN), Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Local Area Network (LAN) Administration
- Troubleshoot server and network problems
- Configuration and monitoring of data backups
- Firewall installation
- Cyber Security, including safeguarding the security of business information and systems
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Net+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Network Administration with a minor in Information Security and Assurance, State University of New York at Alfred, College of Technology
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Computer Information Systems, State University of New York at Alfred, College of Technology
- Presenter, STARTegy: A Strategy for Getting Started with a Cybersecurity Program (September 2020)
- STARTegy A Strategy for Getting Started with a Cybersecurity Program (one hour program)
- STARTegy: Managing Cybersecurity Risks at Your Business (intro video)
Since 2013, Patrick has served as a volunteer firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) for the U-Crest Volunteer Fire Department.