Patrick J. Hogan
Dopkins ABL Consulting Services
At a glance
As a member of the Dopkins Asset Based Lending team, Patrick will conduct thorough investigations of borrower records and financial reports on behalf of commercial lenders in order to analyze and evaluate collateral values utilized to secure loans and credit worthiness, while also assisting with the identification of potential credit risk to lenders.
He joined the Firm in 2017 and will be based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- B.B.A./M.B.A. in Registered Accounting, Saint Bonaventure University
- Recipient of multiple scholarship awards for academic and athletic achievements.
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
While studying at St. Bonaventure, Patrick served as an assistant to the Office of the President, where he facilitated events involving the University’s Board of Trustees. He most recently served as a Graduate Assistant as the Director of the Freshman Leadership program, where he routinely mentored incoming students as they transitioned from high school to higher education. Patrick also conducted special events designed to develop leadership skills in freshman students.
Patrick has also developed a significant level of accounting experience through several internships:
- He most recently served as an Internal Audit Intern for a national bank headquartered in Buffalo, NY, where he routinely participated in Borrower-in-Custody (BIC) audits as well as performed sample testing to ensure the Bank’s loan files met the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s requirements.
- He also served as an Accounting Intern for a major contract manufacturing services provider, where he performed financial reporting with respect to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in compliance with IRS regulations.
- While studying at St. Bonaventure University, Patrick served as a tutor for students in need of remedial support for calculus courses.
- He also served in a leadership capacity for St. Bonaventure’s Division 1 Rugby team. His role included the development and execution of event fundraisers to offset team costs, as well as forecasting and budgeting for the team’s travel expenses.
- Volunteer, St. Bonaventure University Community Clean Up
- Volunteer, Embrace it Africa, a Nonprofit Organization founded by St. Bonaventure students which is focused on sustainable economic development in the small village of Bethlehem in Southern Uganda.
- Volunteer, BonaResponds, a collaborative effort of university students and community volunteers that was founded in 2006. BonaResponds has grown from a Hurricane Katrina relief mission to a volunteer organization that answers the call to serve wherever assistance may be needed.