Kevin W. Stackman
Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
Kevin provides accounting and tax services for both businesses and individuals. He works with closely-held business clients, providing accounting services, financial statement preparation, tax compliance and tax planning services. As an accredited QuickBooks ProAdvisor, he provides assistance with QuickBooks installation, setup, reporting and other day-to-day functions for the software. Kevin joined Dopkins in 2013 after five years as a New York State Sales and Use Tax Field Auditor with the State Tax Department. While there, he performed audits of taxpayers that were located throughout the United States and Ontario in a wide range of industries. Prior to working for State Tax Department, he spent five years in public accounting in local firms in Albany and Buffalo, NY.
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Family owned business
- Health Care
- Wineries, Craft Beer and Spirits
- B.B.A. in Accounting, St. Bonaventure University
- Certified Public Accountant
Principal Areas of Practice
- S-Corporation Tax Returns
- Partnership Tax Returns
- Individual Tax Returns
- Sales and Use Tax
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
Kevin is a frequent lecturer at events presented by the University at Buffalo Office of Science, Technology Transfer and Economic Outreach. His recent presentations include:
- Utilization of QuickBooks for Small Business Accounting
- Understanding and Utilizing Financial Reports in QuickBooks to Help Your Business Succeed.
- Member, Board of Directors, WNY Invention Convention (2016-Present). The mission of the WNY Invention Convention is to promote creative thinking and encourage scientific problem solving in K-8th grade students from across Western New York.
- Kevin is a 2014 graduate of the United Way Board Leadership Training Program.