John J. Honan
Assurance Services Group
At a glance
In 2019, Dopkins welcomed John to the Firm’s Assurance Services Group, where he performs audit and review services for clients from a variety of industries ranging from closely held businesses and exempt organizations.
- M.B.A., in Accounting, Niagara University
- B.S., in Mathematics, Niagara University
- While at Niagara, John authored a whitepaper on Accounting Information Systems that was later turned into a portion of the course curriculum on the subject.
John gained a significant amount of public accounting experience through an extended internship assignment at an internationally recognized manufacturer in the food industry. Working with the Internal Audit team, he assisted in continuous monitoring to ensure efficiency and compliance throughout the organization. He was routinely a member of the travel team responsible for conducting onsite audits at entities owned by the corporation John was instrumental in developing the corporation’s travel expense reporting metrics system and was responsible for auditing company travel expenses to ensure compliance with IRS and corporate policies.
- Closely/Held Family Business
- Hospitality and Entertainment
- Food Industry
- Volunteer, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA)