Jerrod D. LaPointe
Tax Advisory Group
With work experience in public accounting, family-owned businesses and publicly held institutions, Jerrod is well-suited to serve clients from a variety of backgrounds and industries. He is a seasoned tax professional with a unique skill set in process optimization designed to help clients reduce expenses and increase profitability.
Utilizing a team approach, Jerrod routinely works with each client’s professional services team of attorneys, wealth advisors and brokers to make sure tax strategies are designed to be customized for each client’s unique needs. He joined Dopkins in 2018.
- Master of Business Administration with an Accounting Concentration, Canisius College
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of Maine (Orono, ME)
Certified Public Accountant
- Manufacturing/Wholesale Distribution
- Family Owned/Privately Held Businesses
- High Net Worth Individuals
Principal Areas of Practice
- Corporate Tax Returns
- Partnership Tax Returns
- Individual Tax Returns
- Estate Planning
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Planning
- Tax Research
- Process Improvement
- Goodwill Account Valuation
Prior to joining Dopkins, Jerrod served as a Senior Accountant for a leading beverage distributor headquartered in Western New York. He was responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the end-of-day cash reconciliation processes, and also streamlined the company’s daily cash reconciliation process for accuracy and cost-saving efficiency.
He also served as a Financial Accounting Analyst for a global financial institution, where he served as a member of a project team assigned to migrate and centralize the reconciliation of the firm’s balance sheet with data hailing from 160 countries for greater control, accuracy and efficiency.
Jerrod most recently returned to public accounting for a leading western New York Firm, where he quickly rose to a leadership role in client service and mentoring colleagues.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Volunteer, Meals on Wheels for Western New York (2015 – Present)
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance, Consumer Credit Counseling Service, (2016- Present)