David J. Cich
Assurance Services Group
At a glance
As a member of Dopkins Assurance Services Group, David helps clients understand business processes and master enterprise risk management implications. Since joining the firm in 2018, David has focused on risk assessment, attestation, and accounting advisory services within the manufacturing industry.
- Masters of Business Administration in Accounting, Canisius College
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Accounting Information Systems, Canisius College
- Recipient of multiple scholarship awards for academic achievements.
- Recipient, SAP Student Certification
Awards and Achievements
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma honor society
- Recipient of the Talal Abu-Ghazaleh International Award for Excellence in the Canisius College Graduate Accounting Program
- Closely/Held Family Business
- Hospitality and Entertainment
- Food Industry
While pursuing his academic degree, David served an extended internship at Dopkins, where he was able to gain first-hand experience in many types of engagements including consolidated fiscal report (CFR) audits, consulting, defined contribution plan audits, financial statement compilations, financial statement audits, and financial statement reviews.
For two years, he also worked as a Treasury & Insurance Intern at an internationally recognized manufacturer in the food industry. Among his many treasury responsibilities included the generation of foreign exchange rate reports to assist in company hedging program. He also prepared various schedules for leases, intercompany foreign exchange loans, and long-term debt obligations to financial institutions. David’s insurance responsibilities included the reconciliation of monthly worker’s compensation accrual matters. He also routinely prepared schedules for casualty and workers compensation insurance audits and prepared reports for the organization’s board of directors meetings.
David was an active member of the Canisius College community throughout his academic career. Among his many volunteer activities, he served as a Management Graduate Assistant, where he provided academic guidance to students in preparation for registration and actively worked with “at risk” underclassmen and develop an action plan for academic progress.
A Mentor in the College’s Business in Action program, David guided freshman students through the functional areas of business as they completed a semester long business/product development project. In his role as an Accounting Tutor, he instructed students on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for multiple courses including Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, and Advanced Accounting.
He also served as the Finance Committee Portfolio Manager for the United Student Organization and was responsible for auditing the club’s spending activities.
- Certified Public Accountant
- New Financial Statement Considerations for 2020
- FASB Prepares to Give Private Companies More Time to Implement New Accounting Standards
News & Events
- Guest author, New Financial Statement Considerations for 2020, published by The Secured Lender magazine (January 2021)
- Competition for talent drives CPA firms to start early with offers, internships (October 2019)