Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
Caton provides tax planning consulting services to a variety of individual and corporate clients. He began his career with Dopkins & Company, LLP as an intern and joined the Firm full-time 2017 upon graduation.
- M.B.A., in Accounting, Niagara University
- B.S., in Accounting, Niagara University
While studying at Niagara University, Caton served as a Graduate Assistant for student run Clubs and Organizations, where he routinely mentored students in their organizational event planning processes, reviewed and budgeted funds for on-campus club events and was responsible for each organization’s accounts payable services.
Through his work at multiple public accounting internships, he has completed over 300 individual tax returns. He also gained assurance experience and first-hand client interaction with the successful completion of multiple audits.
- Caton has remained committed to serving the Western New York community throughout his academic career. He most recently served as a volunteer tax preparer for low-income and elderly tax payers. He also served as a peer tutor, where he routinely met with students in a one-on-one or small group tutoring format to assist them with a variety of subjects.
- Past-Treasurer, Beta Alpha Psi, Niagara University Chapter
- Vice President, Accounting Society, Niagara University
- Camp Counselor, Camp New Horizon, a residential therapeutic summer camp that has been enriching the lives of at risk children and youth in Cattaraugus County.
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer, Gus Macker Basketball Tournament
- Are you worried about possible identity theft? IRS’ Opt-In Program to Protect Against Identity Theft