Senior Tax Associate
Join the Dopkins One Firm Experience and Find Your Career
Our tagline is Achieving results … people to people, and it applies to our clients and our team members. We are about client service, we are about life balance. Our culture is built around a One Firm Experience, client service by team, and striking a balance between your professional and your personal life. Learn more at www.dopkins.com, watch our video
Tax Senior Job Summary
The Senior Accountant is a member of our Tax Advisory Department. You would be responsible for learning and applying your technical skills and working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision. You will be expected to:
- Prepare complex individual and business tax returns and tax projections.
- Conduct self-review to ensure work is complete
- Document research and planning to share with client service team
- Demonstrate an understanding of tax planning concepts and ability to recognize tax issues
- Master software tools for tax preparation, review, and research
- May assist clients with maintaining accounting records using accounting software
- Develop technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels.
- Take responsibility for completing project components and assignment tasks on budget.
- Seek to gain knowledge of client businesses.
- Effectively document work.
- As a member of the team – implement solutions for clients.
- Actively pursue self-development opportunities.
- Builds strong team relationship skills.
- Build working relationships at peer client level.
- Prior tax experience, preferably 2 years in public accounting
- CPA or demonstrate progress in completing CPA exam.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Strong communication skills.
Dopkins Firm Profile
Dopkins & Company, LLP, one of the largest locally owned certified public accounting and consulting firms in the Buffalo-Niagara region, is located at 200 International Drive outside Buffalo, NY in Williamsville. We offer comprehensive accounting, auditing and tax services, as well as computer, wealth management and health care consulting, pension plan administration and collateral examinations.
Please click here to complete an application and submit your resume.
Questions? Email Kristen Francemone, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
We have defined our culture as “The Dopkins One Firm Experience” and celebrate it through a recognition program whereby each of our team members is encouraged to document, in narrative form, behaviors demonstrated by their colleagues that exemplify our values—that’s what makes Dopkins different. We respect our people, we value our clients and we serve them with excellence and integrity. The Dopkins Experience is more than an internal recognition program – it defines our service delivery philosophy.
Dopkins is an equal opportunity employer and, in accordance with all applicable laws, prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other category protected by law.