Join the Dopkins One Firm Experience and Find Your Career
Watch Video to Learn More
Our tagline is "Achieving results people to people," and it applies to our clients and our team members.
We are about client service, we are about life balance. Our culture is built around a One Firm Experience, client service by team, and striking a balance between your professional and your personal life.
Tax Staff Job Summary
The Staff Accountant is a member of our Tax Advisory Department. You would be responsible for learning and applying your technical skills and working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision. You will be expected to:
- Prepare individual and business tax returns, estimated payments, and tax projections.
- Prepare and maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Develop workpapers to support income and expenses reported on tax returns
- Assist with recording client transactional data using accounting software
- Develop an understanding of the business and the Staff Accountant role.
- Develop technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels.
- Work as an effective Staff Accountant to complete project components and assignment tasks on budget.
- Seek to gain knowledge of client businesses.
- Effectively document work.
- As a member of the team – implement solutions for clients.
- Actively pursue self-development opportunities.
- Builds strong team relationship skills.
- Build working relationships at peer client level.
Motivated to put your accounting degree to work
- Degree qualification (CPA eligible) or currently completing.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Strong communication skills.
Dopkins Firm Profile
Dopkins & Company, LLP, one of the largest locally owned certified public accounting and consulting firms in the Buffalo-Niagara region, is located at 200 International Drive outside Buffalo, NY in Williamsville. We offer comprehensive accounting, auditing and tax services, as well as computer, wealth management and health care consulting, pension plan administration and collateral examinations.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com
We have defined our culture as “The Dopkins One Firm Experience” and celebrate it through a recognition program whereby each of our team members is encouraged to document, in narrative form, behaviors demonstrated by their colleagues that exemplify our values—that’s what makes Dopkins different. We respect our people, we value our clients and we serve them with excellence and integrity. The Dopkins Experience is more than an internal recognition program – it defines our service delivery philosophy.