ABOUT THE JOB
Dopkins is seeking an Associate to join our growing Client Accounting and Advisory Solution (CAAS) team. This position is responsible for the day- to-day accounting activities of our clients including general oversight of their accounting system and financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Overall day-to-day management of financial reporting accuracy and on-time processing of client information.
- Bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Payroll reconciliations.
- Review and approval of account classifications.
- Review of G/L for any missing transactions and overall accuracy.
- Reconcile subsidiary account to controls.
- Preparation of initial/draft Management Reporting Package each month.
- Help clients with various related issues they are confronted with.
- Processing of vendor bills and credit card transactions.
- Associates degree or higher in accounting.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Word, Excel, QuickBooks Online, and/or other related accounting and tax software.
- Must have efficient work habits be organized and maintain confidentiality.
- Desire and ability to learn new technology software and skills quickly.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Positive communication skills as contact with clients and others will be extensive and ongoing.
- Ability to handle multiple-assignments.
- Client-centric approach to all matters.
- Commitment to protecting client privacy.
- An understanding of accrual basis accounting.
- Basic payroll, 1099-misc knowledge & Sales Tax filings.
Questions? Email Kristen Francemone, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dopkins & Company, LLP is a multi-disciplinary accounting, tax and advisory firm serving the needs clients in a variety of industries, including closely held companies, family-owned businesses, not-for-profit and healthcare entities, etc. Dopkins offers a broad portfolio of accounting and auditing, tax, consulting and wealth management services, as well as outsourcing services as provided by our Client Accounting and Advisory Solution team (CAAS). The CAAS team is focused on helping our clients transform the accounting and finance function of their businesses to more effectively confront challenges and seize opportunities. We accomplish this by providing a suite of services including: Full-scope accounting services (virtual accounting department), accounting staff-level services, Controller-level services and CFO-level services. We deliver our services cross-departmentally and cross-functionally throughout our firm.
Dopkins is an equal opportunity employer and, in accordance with all applicable laws, prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age disability, marital status, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military status, predisposing or genetic information, or any other category protected by law.