Dopkins & Company, LLP is seeking an Associate to join its growing Client Accounting & Advisory Solution Advisory Team (CAAS) Team. This full-time position is responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities of our clients including, but not limited to, general oversight of their accounting system and financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Overall day-to-day management of financial reporting accuracy and on-time processing of client information
• Bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations
• Payroll reconciliations
• Review and approval of account classifications
• Review of G/L for any missing transactions and overall accuracy
• Reconcile subsidiary account to controls
• Preparation of initial/draft Management Reporting Package each month
• Help clients with various related issues they are confronted with
• Processing of vendor bills and credit card transactions
• Associates degree or higher in accounting with minimum 2 years’ experience
• Knowledge of and proficiency with Word, Excel, QuickBooks Online, and/or other related accounting and tax software.
• Must have efficient work habits be organized and maintain confidentiality.
• Desire and ability to learn new technology software and skills quickly
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
• Positive communication skills as contact with clients and others will be extensive and ongoing.
• Ability to handle multiple-assignments
• Client-centric approach to all matters
• Commitment to protecting client privacy
• An understanding of accrual basis accounting
• Basic payroll, 1099-misc knowledge & Sales Tax filings
Job Type: Full-time
Questions? Email Kristen Francemone, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
Dopkins & Company, LLP, one of the largest locally-owned certified public accounting and consulting firms in the Buffalo-Niagara region, is located at 200 International Drive outside Buffalo, NY in Williamsville. We offer comprehensive accounting, auditing and tax services, as well as computer, wealth management and health care consulting, pension plan administration and collateral examinations.
We have defined our culture as “The Dopkins One Firm Experience” and celebrate it through a recognition program whereby each of our team members is encouraged to celebrate behaviors demonstrated by their colleagues that exemplify our values—that’s what makes Dopkins different. We respect our people, we value our clients and we serve them with excellence and integrity. The Dopkins One-Firm Experience is more than an internal recognition program – it defines our service delivery philosophy.
Dopkins is an equal opportunity employer and, in accordance with all applicable laws, prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other category protected by law.