Join the Dopkins One Firm Experience and Find Your Career
The Associate is a member of our Assurance Department, typically known in other firms as the Audit Department. You would be responsible for learning and applying your technical skills and working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision. You will be expected to:
- Develop an understanding of the business and the Associate role.
- Develop technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels.
- Work as an effective Associate to complete project components and assignment tasks on budget.
- Build working relationships at peer client level.
- Seek to gain knowledge of client businesses.
- Effectively document work.
- As a member of the team – implement solutions for clients.
- Identify task issues as well as task progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Demonstrate an active interest in the business world by keeping abreast of market trends and business developments.
- Assist in proposal development and research gathering as requested.
- Participate in office wide initiatives – recruitment, marketing etc.
- Actively pursue self-development opportunities in line with the competency model.
- Builds strong team relationship skills.
- Limited travel
- Motivated to put your accounting degree to work
- Degree qualification or currently completing.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Strong communication skills.
Dopkins & Company, LLP, one of the largest locally owned certified public accounting and consulting firms in the Buffalo-Niagara region, is located at 200 International Drive outside Buffalo, NY in Williamsville. We offer comprehensive accounting, auditing and tax services, as well as computer, wealth management and health care consulting, pension plan administration and collateral examinations.
Questions? Email Kristen Francemone, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respect our people, we value our clients and we serve them with excellence and integrity. The Dopkins One Firm Experience defines our service philosophy and culture. It’s what makes Dopkins different.
Our tagline is Achieving results … people to people, and it applies to our clients and our team members. We are about client service, we are about life balance. Our culture is built around a One Firm Experience— client service by team, and striking a balance between your professional and your personal life.
Dopkins is an equal opportunity employer and, in accordance with all applicable laws, prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other category protected by law.