Ralph M. Jeswald, MBA, CPA
Partner, Assurance Services
At a glance
A Partner with Dopkins & Company, LLP, Ralph's primary responsibility in addition to providing traditional tax compliance services is in MC2 and the Not-for-profit groups; cross-departmental, core teams of Dopkins professionals who provide strategic, financial and operational services to the not-for-profit sector. Ralph's specialty focuses on serving Non-Profit agencies within the health and human service sector and medical practices. Ralph is co-designer of Dopkin's Mc2, a managed care readiness initiative that to date has helped many Western New York agencies serving developmental disability individuals successfully transition to a State mandated managed care service delivery model.
Ralph has also developed a unique expertise in the design and implementation of custom performance management and improvement solutions primarily for service-based entities. As an expert facilitator of organizational change, he has had significant experience and success in leading organizational change management for his clients utilizing his skills in strategic planning, lean/six-sigma, activity-based cost/management, performance measurement, and other related performance improvement methodologies. Ralph has been published in the New York State CPA Journal and Canada's Chartered Accountant and has been a featured speaker at events such as the Financial Tracking for Six Sigma conference sponsored by the International Quality & Productivity Center (IQPC). The value stream costing method developed in his role as consultant to HSBC helped to win the Best Defect Elimination in Service and Transaction Award 2004. He joined Dopkins & Company in 2005.
Before joining Dopkins in 2005, Ralph began his public accounting career at a dynamic local Western New York firm after attaining an MBA in Professional Accounting from Canisius College in 1991 following a brief career in the music business. Ralph served for over ten years as partner in charge of that firm's consulting practice before it was acquired. He is a Certified Public Accountant, licensed to practice in the State of New York.
As a member of the Dopkin's Leadership Committee, he actively participates in the strategy and execution of the many facets of the Dopkins "One Firm" vision; a recognized differentiator within the professional public accounting community.
Principal areas of expertise
- Change Management Facilitation
- Activity-based costing
- Lean/six sigma
- Process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Health care
- Certified Public Accountant
- Six Sigma Certified
Professional affiliations and community service
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York Society of Certified Public Accountants
- SUNY Fredonia Business School Advisory Council
- Canisius College Council of Accountancy
- Amherst Chamber of Commerce Treasurer
- UB School of Management Center For Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Canopy of Neighbors
- Christ The King Seminary
Awards and Recognitions
- Canisius College Dr. Joseph R. Coppola Award – 2010
- Canisius College Bernard L Martin Award – 2015
- Business First 2010 Health Care 50
- B.A. in Psychology, cum laude from State University of New York, College at Fredonia
- M.B.A. in Professional Accounting from Canisius College
- Presenter, Six Sigma Demystified! (A Person Centered Approach), Financial Managers Association (FMA) of Rehab Agencies 30th Annual Conference (Cooperstown, NY)
- Co-Presenter, Generational Diversity Awareness – A Key to Shaping Your Agency's Future, Financial Managers Association (FMA) of Rehab Agencies 30th Annual Conference (Cooperstown, NY)