Ralph M. Jeswald, Partner
Tax Advisory Group
At a glance
Ralph leads the Dopkins Healthcare Team with a specialization in business advisory and assurance services. Under his direction, he led the expansion of the group from a transaction-based medical billing service to a comprehensive organization which now consists of a wide array of services including practice management and compliance consulting.
As a trained facilitator, Ralph's experience has focused primarily on the design and implementation of custom PMI solutions for entities including: manufacturing, financial services, professional services, government and public agencies, food, distribution, retail and entertainment, but with a focus on medical practices.
Ralph has been published in the New York State CPA Journal and Canada's Chartered Accountant and has been a featured speaker at events such as the Financial Tracking for Six Sigma conference sponsored by the International Quality & Productivity Center (IQPC). The value stream costing method developed in his role as consultant to HSBC helped to win the Best Defect Elimination in Service and Transaction Award 2004.
Following a brief career in the music business, Ralph began his public accounting career 1991 and ultimately served as partner in charge of the firm's consulting practice for ten years before joining Dopkins & Company, LLP in 2005.
Principal areas of expertise
- Activity based costing
- Compliance plans and requirements
- Health care
- Lean / six sigma
- Performance management and improvement
- Physicians / physician groups
- Profit improvement
- Strategic planning
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York Society of Certified Public Accountants
- SUNY Fredonia Business School Advisory Council
- Canisius College Council of Accountancy
- Amherst Chamber of Commerce Treasurer
- UB School of Management Center For Entrepreneurial Leadership board
- B.A. in Psychology, cum laude from State University of New York, College at Fredonia
- M.B.A. in Professional Accounting from Canisius College